Our natural resource management program supports Indigenous Rangers, NRM organisations and environmental NGOs through the provision of:
- baseline spatial information;
- customised cartographic products;
- geospatial analysis;
- field survey technology; and
- specialist consultancy services.
This program can assist natural resource managers by:
- Collecting, collating and synthesising NRM information;
- producing topographic and satellite maps for planning and consultation;
- identifying important areas for conservation and management;
- producing predictive habitat models of threatened species;
- facilitating bioregional or biodiversity planning processes;
- transferring technical knowledge to NRM practitioners; and
- deploying ruggedised survey technology and integrated data capture software to field teams.
Proportion of management action targets in natural resource management plans by asset and region across Northern Australia. A chart from a consultancy report produced by Geomancia for Territory Natural Resource Management (2012).