Geomancia’s community program is focussed on building organisational capacity and providing practical skills in mapping, data recording, field survey, and information management. We work in partnership with community groups, NGOs, Indigenous organisations and individuals to develop customised support packages that deliver real outcomes, whether it’s building skills to improve governance frameworks or assisting with knowledge repatriation and cultural mapping.
This Program can assist communities with:
- Vocational training and skills development;
- Workflows and information management;
- Coordinating geographically distributed teams;
- Inter-generational and cross-cultural knowledge transfer;
- The design and production of knowledge products, such as cultural posters and interactive knowledge systems.
Eastern Kuku Yalanji cultural poster produced as part of an integrated knowledge system for Yalanjiwarra Jalunji Marrjanga Aboriginal Corporation, Cape York.